Thank you so much for visiting A Splash of Sass! I hope you'll click through to my new blog for more style photos and posts!
See you at Closet 12!

Monday, May 23, 2011

Day 26: Have You Ever Thought About Giving Up on Life? If so, When and Why?

Wow, this is depressing and extremely personal...

The first half of my sophomore year of high school was really awful.  I can't entirely remember why. I was rebelling, but I can't completely remember why.  My relationship with my parents was terrible.  I was in an extremely unhealthy relationship, more so than I realized at the time.  I had several eating disorders.

Everything hurt and I didn't know why.  My dad was taking me to a counselor because of how bad things were between he and I. Or maybe it was just because of how bad I was, I don't know. All this counselor guy did was talk to me about prayer.  I don't think he even believed problems like mine existed.

It was a horrible, horrible time.  The pressure kept on building until I thought I couldn't take it anymore. I cracked.  The only good thing that came of it was that I finally got to see a real medical professional and was put on medication that helped me get back to a good enough place where I could deal with my issues.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...