Thank you so much for visiting A Splash of Sass! I hope you'll click through to my new blog for more style photos and posts!
See you at Closet 12!

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Day 15: Something or Someone You Couldn't Live Without, Because You've Tried Living w/o It

My Boyfriend.

Not.

I am not THAT girl.

I don't want to live without him, but I know I could go on if I had to.


I'm going to go with the "Something" on this one.  It's going to seem shallow, but this is the first "thing" that came to mind.
photo credit

I think some people overlook eye makeup remover which is an absolute tragedy.  It's a must have if you don't want to wake up with raccoon-eyes, or worse yet, have your eyelashes break off. I've tried so many of these products, most of which weren't worth using.  I guess if those products are what you think of when you think of eye makeup remover, than no, I guess you might as well not bother.  

I came across Sephora's Waterproof eye makeup remover a year or two ago and I cannot let it go! It's often difficult to find in the stores, which makes me think a lot of other people must love it too.  It isn't cheap. Oh no, it's almost $10 for 4.2 ounces, but it lasts a long time, is gentle, and gets the job done.  

I tried living without it a few months ago when I couldn't find it in stores and was more poor than usual.  I tried a certain product by Maybelline that claimed to be "America's #1" or some lie like that, and absolutely hated it. My face was an oily mess and there was still mascara stuck to my lashes.  Yes, it was only about $3, but I used less than an 1/8 of the bottle before I cast it aside.  It was a waste of $3.  Even though Sephora's formula uses oil and you have to shake it up to mix it before using, it doesn't leave the skin around my eyes overly oily or irritate my eyes.  

I love it. Plain and simple. A trip to Sephora isn't worth it unless I can get this product. Since it takes me about an hour to get to the nearest Sephora, I get pretty darn depressed if I get there and have to leave empty handed. 

I won't even put makeup on if I can't be sure that I'll have this little bottle to help me get it off. I can't live without it.

1 comment:

Sarah Von Bargen said...

Ooooh! Good to know - I've been using olive oil to remove my makeup, but I think I might be ready to start using an actual product instead of EVOO ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...