Thank you so much for visiting A Splash of Sass! I hope you'll click through to my new blog for more style photos and posts!
See you at Closet 12!

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Lazy Daisy

One of my many sources of income is from a receptionist position at a gym.  You'd think that, with unlimited access to fitness equipment, I'd work out all the time and be pretty in shape.  You would be wrong.

I did work out for a while, back when I first started working there.  I had my upcoming vacation to Florida to look forward to and to look good for.  I even did an ok job of eating healthy and exercising once I got down there...for the first two days, that is.  Once I got back, I made an attempt to get myself back on track, but was quickly derailed by a bout with a serious stomach flu.

After being wiped out by the anti-nausea drugs and other things, I never got back into the habit of exercising.  Months passed.  I let my busy schedule become an excuse.  I gained a few pounds and started to feel unhappy with the way my clothes fit.  I decided that I couldn't go to NYC this summer looking less than my best, since it is a rather fashionable city and The Writer is living blocks from the garment district (Yay!).  I may not be able to afford couture, but I can try it on, and when I do, it better fit.

I gave myself until after his departure to return to my regimen.  After all, I was busy and didn't want to miss a single second with him. Today, in the effort of preventing dressing room meltdown, I put my butt on a bike at work and pedaled away.  Actually, I didn't really go away anywhere, since it was a stationary bike, but you get the idea.  Forty-five minutes of less than enthusiastic pedaling later, I'd burned about 200 calories and given myself a very sore rear.  It's a start.  I figure that a few crunches, a mile or two on the bike/treadmill/elliptical several times a week, and my non-existant food budget will send a skinny girl to NYC in about a month!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...