Thank you so much for visiting A Splash of Sass! I hope you'll click through to my new blog for more style photos and posts!
See you at Closet 12!

Monday, June 20, 2011

Review: Arbonne Eyeliner

A few of my girlfriends have been bitten by the Arbonne bug.  One of them has been selling these vegan products for about two months now, and another, A, has just been signed up as a consultant.  I attended A's first Arbonne get-together, which was slightly similar to a Mary Kay party, this past week and, I admit, I'm intrigued by the products.

I won a contest for a free product from the presenter's goodie bag and chose a retractable stick of black eyeliner.  As a former Mary Kay consultant, I'm skeptical of multi-level marketing programs and the products they offer.  I was interested in Arbonne's claims to be all-natural, mineral oil-free, and environmentally responsible.  Those claims are all well and good, but if the products don't match up, I'm not interested.

I have a love/hate relationship with most eye makeup.  I think it's probably the oiliness of my skin that makes it slide right off, but I feel like I'm always wiping away raccoon eyes.  I can almost never pull off a dramatic eye look that includes liner on my bottom lashes, because it will usually be halfway down my face in a matter of minutes.
This is what my eye looked like after wearing Arbonne eyeliner in "Ebony" for a whole day. I applied it around 9 AM with Urban Decay's eye shadow primer over my upper lids to prevent the oil from my skin from pulling the pigments into my eyelid crease.  I was most interested in how it would hold up on my lower lash line. I applied a thin line, right at the base of my lashes.  I used mascara on my upper lashes only, so that I would have a better idea of where the raccoon eyes were coming from, if they popped up later.

I took this slightly creepy photo of my own eyeball after I'd gotten home from church and a shift at my retail job at the mall.  The shadow under my eye is just that, a shadow.  As far as I could tell, there was no smearing or smudging from my new eyeliner.

I've also been trying out some samples of Arbonne's face wash/toner combo product, oil-mattifying day lotion, and night cream that my consultant friends gave me.  I've notice that the products, which are formulated for combination/oily skin, have reduced my skin's natural sheen, which is a very good thing.  Overall, I am satisfied and pleased with my Arbonne experience thus far.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...