Thank you so much for visiting A Splash of Sass! I hope you'll click through to my new blog for more style photos and posts!
See you at Closet 12!

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Cozy Wraps + New Shoes

My confidence bolstered by this video that I posted a few days ago, I decided to try out my wrap sweater in a new way.  I wanted to be cozy, since I had a long day in front of me.  A forgiving sweater just felt right.  I tied the top two corners together, crossed the sides over and put the knot over my head to form a cowl-type drape.

 What I'm Wearing:
Wrap Sweater: Victoria's Secret Cotton Cashmere Wrap
White Tank: Victoria's Secret
Pinstriped Pants: Hand-Me-Down from A
Obi Belt: Express
Black Fabric Buckle Pumps: Christian Siriano for Payless
The obi belt was one of those accessories that I'd bought a while ago during one of Express' clearance sales, but never quite figured out how to wear.  It never looked right with anything I paired it with, probably because I don't wear too many loose tops.  The tied, twisted, and draped sweater does have a little bit of a kimono feel, doesn't it?  I finally made it work!
I've always been intrigued by Christian Siriano's line for Payless.  I've liked many of his styles, but have been afraid to buy them because my feet instantly hurt when Payless is even so much as named.  My curiosity overcame my common sense when, in need of some black pumps for work, I decided to give them a try.  They are a little narrow in the toe box and lack cushioning, unfortunately.  I'll be adding some gel inserts before I decide for sure whether I like them or not.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...