Thank you so much for visiting A Splash of Sass! I hope you'll click through to my new blog for more style photos and posts!
See you at Closet 12!

Friday, November 4, 2011

Thrifted Cardigan

 A few weeks ago, I wrote about a drawing I'd won for a gift certificate for a second-hand shop.  I'll be the first to admit that I'm not usually a thrifter.  To be honest, after years of groping through Goodwill and Salvation Army racks for theatre costumes, it kind of grosses me out.  The costume designer I interned with as a junior made us wear rubber gloves when we went shopping, and they were always black with grime by the time we left.  I was pleasantly surprised with the clean cuteness of this second-hand shop combined with the 100% wool J.Crew cardigan I found set me at ease.  After a trip to the dry cleaners, my new cardi was ready to go.
Goofy!
The Writer and I have a challenge going on that's going to be affecting the number of skirts I wear this month.  He's decided that he wants to do the whole "No Shave November" thing.  He can do as he pleases, but he knows I prefer a clean-shaven face or just a little stubble.  I just don't like the idea of having to search through a man's beard to kiss him.  So, as an incentive to make "No Shave November" last a much shorter amount of time than the whole month of November, I am participating as well.  I'm not at all excited about not shaving, but if its what I have to do, I will wear pants or dark tights for a whole month or however long he can stand it.  Game on!
What I'm Wearing:
Gray Twist Cardigan: J.Crew (thrifted)
Plaid Satin Shell: The Limited
Pants: Express Editor Pant
Textured D'Orsay Heels: Charlotte Russe

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...