Thank you so much for visiting A Splash of Sass! I hope you'll click through to my new blog for more style photos and posts!
See you at Closet 12!

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Curls, Pearls & Pink

Yesterday, one of my managers looked down at my planner and expressed shock that it was pink.  I guess I've avoided wearing pink to the office, since I see it as a not-so-serious color and I want to be seen as serious about my job.  I made her a deal, when I wore pink I'd let her know. Turns out, she wasn't in today.
I didn't have to go in until 1pm today, so I took the time to curl my hair.  I haven't done that in over a year because my hair had gotten so long, I didn't think it would hold.  Since I'm missing a few inches now, it held much better.  I had to comb the curls out a bit after I took the rollers out.  I had some Shirley Temple curls, at first.

I was supposed to have a fairly important interview at work today, but my interviewer postponed it, leaving me fairly useless until at least Tuesday.  You see, I need to pass a series of interviews before I can conduct business unsupervised.  Its an understandable phase of training, but since all of the area offices are short-staffed, its important for me to get up on my feet as soon as possible. I passed the first interview with very few problems and I'm ready for round two.  Hopefully next week will see me standing on my own two feet.
What I'm Wearing:
Pink Faux Wrap Tank: ELLE (Kohl's)
Chocolate Tie-Waist Cardigan: The Limited
Plaid Pencil Skirt: The Limited
Pearl Headband: Forever 21
Beige Pumps: JS by Jessica
Tote Bag: Merona (Target)
I'm pretty sure I've worn something from The Limited almost every day.  I can't help that I love so many of their clothes and they usually have spectacular deals!  I went right shopping there before I started my new job and got skirts and dresses buy one, get one free.  I'm determined to branch out now that I've enough in my wardrobe to function professionally, but the femininity of The Limited's pieces serve me well.  I left my apartment this afternoon feeling very much like Betty Draper.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...