Thank you so much for visiting A Splash of Sass! I hope you'll click through to my new blog for more style photos and posts!
See you at Closet 12!

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Back in Blue (10.10.11)

I've been absent from my blog for too long!  I know the shattered screen on my camera shouldn't be as worthwhile of an excuse as I've let myself make it out to be, but I want to post with original pictures as much as possible.  I've finally got ahold of my lovely boyfriend's camera, so I can snap away until mine is replaced (Santa, are you there?).  I'm also now out of the doldrums of underemployment, thankfully.  This is a two-fold blessing for my bloggy, since I'm not mopey about my job and I also have some cash to spend on new looks that I will be happy to talk about here.

Its a funny time of year here in Ohio.  We had a week or so of chilling rain which prompted me to go out and stock up on sweaters.  The weather then decided it wasn't finished with summer and it has been fairly warm and sunny ever since.  I've, therefore, been in this confusing place sartorially, since the thermometer demands short sleeves and airy fabrics but I want cozy fabrics in a subdued autumn palette.


I have a love of striped tops.  The Writer has to physically stop me from buying every blue and white striped top that I see.  Luckily, I got this one in the spring before he realized my "problem." Its not a silhouette I usually wear, which makes it even more fun!


What I'm wearing:
Tank & Mini Wedges: Target
Jeans: Gift from A, but originally from Charlotte Russe, I believe
Striped Top: Forever 21

This is actually a fairly budget friendly outfit, haha. The top from F21 was probably the most expensive item, and I seriously doubt that it topped $20.  I always feel a bit funny mixing red, white, and blue as if I'm suddenly patriotic, or something. 

I did have the day off on Monday, not because of Columbus, but because I'm cramming all of my work hours into a training class during the latter part of the week.  I enjoyed a lazy day of sleeping in, meeting Spam for coffee, shopping, and possibly the highlight of my day, dinner with her family.  Her mom is an excellent cook! I was spoiled with cedar plank tilapia and grill steamed vegetable with fresh ciabatta bread. Mmmm! Wine and ice cream may have been involved as well, hehe. Waking up at six this morning was not an easy thing to do.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...