Thank you so much for visiting A Splash of Sass! I hope you'll click through to my new blog for more style photos and posts!
See you at Closet 12!

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Go Faux!

Maybe it happens every year and I've just missed it until this autumn, but fur seems to be everywhere!  Maybe its just that the faux fur options are getting better and better, but there's stuff out there that I would (and do) actually wear.  I definitely can't afford the real thing, nor do I feel comfortable with the idea of wearing real fur, especially since rabbit fur is a common garnish to winter accessories and I have a rabbit for a pet.

Anyway, in an attempt to keep the blog soapbox free, I shall now move on to my outfit!

 I have to say, I'm so glad that ladylike is "in" right now.  I used to be such a tomboy when I was younger, but now I will gladly take the red lipstick, high heels, and almost anything pink.  I've heard that TV shows such as Mad Men are to blame and I fully agree.  I'm slightly obsessed with Mad Men and Pan Am.


What I'm Wearing:
Faux Fur Trimmed Cardigan: Ann Taylor Loft
Brown V-neck Drape Top: I don't remember
Trouser Jeans: Freestyle Revolution
Suede Booties: Charlotte Russe
Bag: Gia Milani (Target)








The fur collar kept me warm all day.  It was like wearing as scarf that never got too tight.  I like that the collar is removable for washing and versatility.  The buttons are covered in a way that lets you wear the sweater by itself, which I predict will come in handy if I want to tone it down at some point.
I could fit my whole life into this bag!
 These jeans are so comfortable! I was trying my luck at TJ Maxx the other night (it wasn't that much better than Marshall's, darn commercials!) when I stumbled across these for only $20! I'd never heard of the brand, Freestyle Revolution, so I looked it up when I got home.  It looks like Macy's and JC Penney carries the brand as part of their regular stock.  Even their regular prices aren't that high for jeans and I may look into a few more pairs in the future.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...