Thank you so much for visiting A Splash of Sass! I hope you'll click through to my new blog for more style photos and posts!
See you at Closet 12!

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Day 7: Someone Who Has Made Your Life Worth Living For

I think the only one that can make your life worth living for is YOU.  I have been guilty in the past of making my life about someone else, of letting the dreams of someone else propel my direction.  Nearly every time, that person has let me down.  People fail.  It's a fact of life.  I know from my failures that they are hard enough to recuperate from on my own.  Imagine if someone based their whole self-worthiness on me.  My failure would affect them exponentially more than it affected me.  Each person on earth is born an individual and that individuality makes them worth living for.  No one else can uncover or live up their potential the way they can.  They owe it to themselves. I owe it to myself.

There are and have been many inspiring people in my life.  They have helped me grow into the self-realization that I am worth it.  My high school voice teacher inspired me to be different, encouraged me to expand my talent, even though the other kids didn't like my voice because I didn't sound like a pop star.  In college, my academic advisor encouraged me to follow my dream in whatever form it took.

The Writer is a constant and current encouragement and motivation.  He's always encouraging me to aim higher.  It's comforting to know that I have a man in my life who wants me to come into my potential and be successful and fulfilled, not just wait around catering to him.  I'm so thankful for him.  Too easily, I let my confidence slip.  I won't go into the researched differences between men and women and the way they handle success and achievement, but The Writer and I certainly fit our gender roles when it comes to that area.

It always helps to be believed in, but no one can believe in yourself for you.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...