Thank you so much for visiting A Splash of Sass! I hope you'll click through to my new blog for more style photos and posts!
See you at Closet 12!

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Where I'm Going: NYC part 2

In exactly four days, I will be landing in New York City and free from my awful job.  The Writer's been doing some more exploring and finding lots of great places for us to go.  Have I said I'm excited yet? I told him last night that I'm so excited, I'm about to just start running in that direction.
(source)
One of the first things on our agenda will be the Fourth of July fireworks over the Hudson River.  I've missed out on going to fireworks the past few years and I'm looking forward to what is sure to be a great show with a fantastic view.  Apparently the fireworks show in NYC is one of the largest shows in the nation.  The Writer's dorm is about a 15 minute walk from the river, so we'll be able to trot on down for a front row view of the extravaganza.

(source)
During my last trip to Manhattan, which was a few years ago, my family and I visited the Metropolitan Museum of Art.  While I'm definitely considering going back to see the fashion collections (especially the McQueen exhibit!) and the Egyptian wing, I'm looking forward to going to The Guggenheim.  The building itself is a work of art!  My parents are not modern or contemporary art aficionados, so The Guggenheim was definitely not up their alley, but The Writer? It's on our to-do list!
(source)
I was reading recently that nearly every New York blogger has talked about Sockerbit Sweet & Swedish candy shop.  Maybe it's becoming redundant, but seriously...a candy store! Who doesn't love a candy store? Their sweets look delicious and I'm a weakling when it comes to gummy, fruity treats.  I'm pretty sure I'll be epitomizing the "kid in a candy store" expression!
(source)
The Writer took this photo of the High Line park this past week.  What was once an abandoned railway line in Manhattan's West Side has been converted into a park. I think it's pretty cool: you get a raised view of the city while walking among greenery.  I see a lot of time being spent in parks on this trip.  They're beautiful, inexpensive, and relaxing and I plan on relaxing a lot.

I started to gather some things together last night.  Packing is going to be a challenge, since I'm not checking any luggage.  I'm not going to pay $25 each way.  It will be cheaper to cram everything into a rolling carry-on and a large canvas tote/"purse" than to check bags.  Stay tuned...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...