Thank you so much for visiting A Splash of Sass! I hope you'll click through to my new blog for more style photos and posts!
See you at Closet 12!

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Outfit of the Day: Worn 6/4/11

It probably doesn't come as a shock, but the night life in Ohio isn't all that happening.  If you choose to go out, your options include a bar/club where you will probably be hit on by a married man in his 40's, a few strip clubs, IHOP, a casual downtown hipster bar, and Applebee's.

Not wanting to venture downtown, be hit on, or look at other women objectifying themselves, my old housemate and I headed to Applebee's. The thought of eating Applebee's was slightly nauseating, especially since I've been busting my butt at the gym, but it was our first official hang out since she'd gotten back from studying in London, and if that meant I was going to eat Applebee's, then Applebee's it was.

What I wore:
Yellow Tank: Old Navy 
Grey T-shirt: Marshall's
Jeggings, cuffed: Target
Wedges: Charlotte Russe
Necklace: I have no idea!


This t-shirt is so comfortable.  It's delightfully light--perfect since it's in the 80's today. I love the button detailing up the back.   
I think jeggings can be awful.  Most of the ones I've seen look like PajamaJeans and are not flattering.  This pair earned my seal of approval by having real back pockets, not painted on ones!  They also have a button at the top of the fly, which is sewn shut, and belt loops which make them look much more like skinny jeans than jeggings.

I've vowed to branch out from flip-flops this summer and wear more of the shoes in my repertoire.  I've been wanting a pair of black ankle pants, but was unsure of the trend, since it can make your legs look shirt and stumpy.  I decided to take the look for a test run by cuffing my favorite jeggings.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...