Thank you so much for visiting A Splash of Sass! I hope you'll click through to my new blog for more style photos and posts!
See you at Closet 12!

Monday, November 7, 2011

Wine for My Face! Cheers!

A while back, I started my search for a good night cream.  My skin is slightly blemish-prone and can get oily, so I have to be careful in my choice of moisturizers.  I'd found a good day lotion towards the end of the summer, but it wasn't cutting it as the weather became cooler. Plus, I didn't like the idea of wearing SPF at night.

I'd heard good things about Caudalie, mostly from customers of my former employer - a retailer that carried the line once-upon-a-time.  These women would come in, swearing by Caudalie's products and allowing my to guess their ages.  I'd usually be off by about 20 years, as in, they were 20 years older than they looked.  Now that's a club I want to be a part of!  Not only did I have visual proof that these were some great anti-aging products, they are almost all listed as paraben, synthetic dye and sulphate-free on Sephora's website.  Caudalie's products are derived from grapes and wine and somehow, what red wine is for your heart, Caudalie is for your face.

 The Writer and I spent the day shopping yesterday, during which I picked up the "Beauty Essentials from the Vine" Caudalie starter kit.  The full-size products can be pricey, so I wanted to be sure I liked them before investing. Oh, the wonder of minis! The set includes: Cleansing Water, Vinoperfect Radiance Serum Complexion Correction, Pulpe Vitaminee Eye and Lip Cream, and Vinosource Quenching Sorbet-Creme.
I'm loving the Quenching Sorbet-Creme!  Its like a mousse, so it doesn't get greasy, but is definitely hydrating.  I'm pretty sure the eye cream and serum will end up on my list of most loved products, although it hasn't been long enough to really see their effects.  The only one I'm not sure about is the Cleansing Water.  Its a cleanser that you aren't supposed to rinse off, just swipe across your face with a cotton ball.  I used it last night and, while it took off my foundation and lipstick, I didn't feel like my face was completely clean.  It may work better as an AM cleanser, when I don't have as much to wash off of my face.

At the very least, I'm glad to not have a dry, flaky face anymore! Cheers!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...