Thank you so much for visiting A Splash of Sass! I hope you'll click through to my new blog for more style photos and posts!
See you at Closet 12!

Monday, January 2, 2012

2011: The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly

I remember feeling like 2011 would never end.  It was a hard year for me.  There were many times I felt I could lose nothing more and still retain my sanity.  Needless to say, I'm hoping for a better 2012.

In 2011, I had six jobs. Six. I'm sure some people don't have that many jobs in their entire lifetime.  The year started out looking good. I left my job in retail for a 2-in-1 position that I thought would really boost my career and give me coveted PR experience.  First, one side of the equation tanked, right before our vacation to Florida, then the other, just before my trip to NYC. I was back in retail before I knew what hit me.  I went to New York City to visit The Writer during his internship not knowing how I would survive financially when I got back.  I'd been applying for jobs almost all year. Applying, applying, applying and never the right offer.  I'd been out of school for nearly a year and a half and all I had to show for it was the same shopping mall job that had barely paid my credit card bills in college.  I. Was. Stressed.

Finally, at the end of September, I started my first "real" job.  "Real" as in: 401k real, health insurance real, 40 hours/week real, pay off my debt real.  I have hopes for this job.  Granted, it isn't my passion, but I can pay my bills and then some, which I'm very thankful for.  The financial strides I'm taking, along with the industry I've broken into give me hope that 2012 will be a great year and that my hope will become a reality.  I'm hoping that this will be my last Midwest winter and that next Christmas I'll be taking NJ Transit down from New York City to spend Christmas with my family in New Jersey and meeting The Writer for snowy walks through Central Park.

In the meantime, I'm going to start making some of my own clothes.  I'll be posting about them with my new camera The Writer gave me for Christmas this year.  Have I mentioned he's pretty awesome?  I don't know how I would've made it through 2011 without him.  He's incredibly supportive and tons of other positive adjectives.

Oh, yes, and we're joining a gym together. How's that for a new year?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...