Thank you so much for visiting A Splash of Sass! I hope you'll click through to my new blog for more style photos and posts!
See you at Closet 12!

Saturday, February 19, 2011

It's about me. Ok?

It's about lunchtime. I'm laying on my bed, sans sheets (they're in the wash), reading blogs and eating the Nerds that The Writer stashed in my purse for a movie last night.

All this to say, remember how I loved blogging? I do.

I stopped blogging for two reasons: 1) the storyline of my last blog ended and 2) blogging and keeping up with all of the blogs that I followed became extremely time consuming, so much so that it was hard to find anything to blog about other than blogs.

I suppose that both problems were of my own making.  First, I let my writing and life revolve around someone who didn't really belong in either.  I sometimes wonder if the blogs of my mil-wife/girlfriend friends affected the length of my last relationship.  Reading their stories filled me with a sense of destiny, even responsibility, to follow a certain life path because of the vocational choice that someone else had made.

That is not who I am.

I have been tentative in my return to the blog-o-sphere, but the itch to write has not gone away.  Perhaps it will be a tool of self-evaluation this time around.  While I love The Writer deeply and see our paths continuing in the same direction indefinitely, I need to retain a grasp on my own self and my dreams.

Adventures are on their way, I can feel it!

So, if you happen to stumble upon my blog, feel free to follow and comment all you want. But know this, it's about me and that's ok.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...