Thank you so much for visiting A Splash of Sass! I hope you'll click through to my new blog for more style photos and posts!
See you at Closet 12!

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Colors to Cheer

I had a bit of a rough start to my day today. I didn't have to go in to work until a little later, so I decided to get some sewing done on this dress.  Actually, I was hoping to finish it, considering all that was left to do was to attach the sleeves, put in the zipper, and hem the skirt.  Things went wrong and I only ended up finishing the zipper, which didn't even turn out the way it should have, but it will have to work unless I'm going out to buy another foot for my sewing machine.

Bun then decided to have another accident on the couch.  She very rarely used to pee outside of her cage, but she seems to have become quite fond of going on the couch and I have become quite frustrated.   Perhaps she isn't having accidents at all, but taking out her little bunny rage on me in the best way she knows how.

I can't believe I just told a story about my rabbit peeing on a public forum.  I better get used to the embarrassment, because if I'm talking about my rough day, I'm going to have to talk about breaking a pair of pants. Oh yes, breaking.  It wasn't my size that did them in, although they did break when I undid them to put some Spanx underneath.  They weren't very high quality because the metal piece that usually stops the zipper from going down to far was just a little bit of melted plastic.  When I unzipped them, they unzipped so far that the one side of the zipper came out of the zippy part (you know, the part that makes the zipper work) and wouldn't go back in.  I gave up. I changed into the skirt and would later rip my tights for the second day in a row.



What I'm Wearing:
Boatneck Sweater: The Limited
Tank: Victoria's Secret
Skirt: H&M
Bracelet: Pandora
Flats: Missoni for Target












After taking a first set of photos, I realized my face looked really boring, especially with my hair back in a bun. No way was I getting creative with the hair today.  I did throw on some lipstick and my glasses to jazz up my upper half a little.



This sweater comes out very purple in photos. Its really more of a mulberry and nearly matches some of the zig-zags on the shoes.  I needed some color to boost my mood today, plus, wearing Missoni always helps. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...