Thank you so much for visiting A Splash of Sass! I hope you'll click through to my new blog for more style photos and posts!
See you at Closet 12!

Friday, March 2, 2012

Colored Denim

How much am I in love with the colored denim trend?? So much.  I'm pretty sure I tried on a different pair of colored skinny jeans each time I went to Target for the last few months and was disappointed as many times because they fit funky.  It was as if they didn't get looser through the the thighs, no matter what size I tried on.

Thankfully, H&M was there to come to my trendy rescue.  I didn't even bother trying on Express', as cute and colorful as they were, because I couldn't justify their prices on something so trendy.  Even though February is over and new clothes are allowed, I'm still trying to be frugal.  H&M delivered on spring trends for me as I found a dotted peplum top, a pastel dress, and my green jeans for around $50. Can't beat that!  I want to go back immediately, though, because we just missed the Marni collection for H&M and some of those pieces look adorable.


What I'm Wearing:
Striped Tee: American Eagle
Scarf: a little shop off Dam Square in Amsterdam (2006)
Green Skinny Jeans: H&M
Studded Flats: American Eagle


One think I was surprised to love about these jeans is the rise.  For so many years I've been a low-slung, hiphugger girl which made me a little skeptical of how high on the hips these jeans sit.  In fact, I almost didn't try them on.  I'm so glad I did!  I found the slightly higher rise to be quite slimming, even though I paired the pants with horizontal stripes.  Reason #2 for going back to H&M immediately: more high-waisted skinny jeans!  Between jeans like this and my New Year's resolution of working out, I may beat the love handles in 2012!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...