Thank you so much for visiting A Splash of Sass! I hope you'll click through to my new blog for more style photos and posts!
See you at Closet 12!

Monday, February 20, 2012

"A Finer Night You Know You'll Never See"

Even though it has been almost a week since Valentine's Day, I wanted to share some pictures and details of my date night with The Writer.

My knight in shining armor arrived at my door bearing a beautiful bouquet of flowers:



Each of us opened our gifts from the other before heading off to the local art museum to take a spin through the galleries before dinner.  My presents make me smile, not only because I love them, but because they prove how well The Writer knows me and how thoughtful he is.  He ordered in chocolates from Sockerbit, a NYC candy store that I'd visited and raved about last summer.  They are delicious!  He also found The Sartorialist's book of street style photos for me. Hello, endless inspiration!


After the art museum, which was quite enjoyable, we continued on for a late dinner at Kozmo's, a reclaimed laundromat.  What used to be a very utilitarian space is now a spacious, yet cozy, dining establishment.  The floor and parts of the walls that aren't exposed brick are perfectly stained to reflect a familiar glow and the booths are big enough to lie down in, not that we tried.

When we'd finished our scrumptious meals,  we came back to my apartment for champagne and strawberries and other desserts I'd spent the day making.  I might've gone a little overboard on the sweets, since we still have quite a few left over.  It was fun having a variety and I'm pretty sure The Writer was in sugar heaven.

Our Feast!
Strawberry and Blackberry Thumbprint Cookies 
Chocolate and Peanut Butter Covered Brownies
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Happy Valentine's Day!




Title: Cinderella by Rogers & Hammerstein

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...